Do You Know What's Wrong With Me?
Let me start off by saying I love animals, and I'm usually very kind. But lately I've been having these urges. We just found a kitten, and it kept jumping on my bare leg, meowing. It's just driving me insane. So I picked it up and slung it, and laughed. It didn't get hurt, but I wanted it to.
I keep having these really bad, horrible, unnatural thoughts about murder and suicide. And the words, "Kill, you're a murderer, kill a thousand, you're a victor, kill them all, and you're God." I stay angry, at everyone, even you and I don't even know you, and I feel pissed off.
My mom recently abandoned me over her drug addict boyfriend, neglecting my autistic brother, and I really just hate the world. And then...I'll calm down, like my energy ran out, but the thoughts are still there, just not as intense.
So tell me, what's wrong with me?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.