Adult Small Capacity 3 Bed Group Home Services
About the Group Home:
The Adult Small Capacity Group Home is a 3 Bed home in McKenzie, AL. This group home is designed to be a transitional home (from State Psychiatric Hospitals to independent living) for females 18 years and older that are diagnosed with a serious mental illness and intellectual disabilities. At the group home, consumers learn to manage their mental illness and live on their own. The normal length of stay for an individual living in our group home is 24 months. The group home is not intended for long-term placement. Residence is based on voluntary status.
• 24-hour access to emergency nursing and psychiatrist services
• 24-hour protective oversight and supervision by trained staff
• Covered smoking areas are available outside
• 3 meals and 2 snacks provided daily
Who qualifies to reside at the 3 Bed Group Home:
• Individuals with impaired contact with reality
• Individuals with social withdrawal
• Moderate to severe disabling depression or anxiety
• Disabling somatic symptoms
• Poor Medication Compliance
• Poor Socialization Skills
• Inappropriate attention-seeking behaviors
• Poor Interpersonal skills
• Inadequate problem solving skills
Who does not qualify to reside at the 3 Bed Group Home:
• Principle diagnosis of substance abuse
• Medical problems requiring hospitalization or 24 hour nursing care
• Principle diagnosis of brain damage or mental retardation
• Inpatient care is warranted
If you would like to learn more about the 3 Bed Group Home, please contact Shannon Howard via e-mail or at (334) 376-0082.
To make a referral, please contact your therapist. Bed availability is limited and consumers are placed on a waiting list if they are deemed appropriate for admission.